The six Collier spiderweb design books sat on my parents' bookshelf for years. My mother was a great book club joiner, so perhaps that's where they came from. The spiderweb design always seemed creepy to me as a kid. In later years I found there were additional S. S. Van Dine titles, and picked them up one by one until I had all twelve.
This blog will give you a post for each one - characters and synopses. Perhaps you will find them interesting as well!
- The Benson Murder Case (1926)
- The Canary Murder Case (1927)
- The Greene Murder Case (1928)
- The Bishop Murder Case (1929)
- The Scarab Murder Case (1930)
- The Dragon Murder Case (1933)
- The Kennel Murder Case (1933)
- The Casino Murder Case (1934)
- The Garden Murder Case (1935)
- The Kidnap Murder Case (1936)
- The Gracie Allen Murder Case (1938)
- The Winter Murder Case (1939)
- Philo Vance on The Thrilling Detective Web Site